View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 10:42 AM   #66
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
While I wouldn't call it exploitation, covid was mostly a pointless distraction
This brings to me a book I recently read and I’m going to add a corollary for non-fiction and historical fiction. The book, The Facemaker, was a disappointing account of plastic surgery during the Great War and toward the end the author included a potted account of the Spanish flu — which was entirely irrelevant to the issue of plastic surgery to repair battle damage, but was obviously meant to tie it into current events.

So it doesn’t even have to be Covid per se, but an account of any plague or pandemic, a kind of poorly disguised exploitation, especially when as with Catlady’s and my books, it’s as she said, “shoehorn[ed]” in. I’m belaboring the obvious, but it’s annoying.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote