View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #31
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Yep, there was a study a while back that had the same conclusion with regards to "Road Rage". Where the "isolation" factor is that we are hidden in our cars.

=X=
I'll never forget the time I was working as a bookstore manager (a very costly job which is beside the point) when one of the staff members at the customer service desk answered the phone & received an extremely harsh tongue-lashing from a customer. After the customer vented sufficiently, in total coolness, this employee, who knew this customer personally, said "Hi, Mr. So & So..., this is your neighbor...). The customer (probably mortified), apologized and changed his tone completely realizing that he had just unloaded on someone he knew. I always thought that it shouldn't matter if you knew the person handling your call or not. Didn't everyone deserve common courtesy... stranger or known. But I guess being on the other end of the telephone (this is way back when they had cords), a harsh word to a lowly employee seemed justified. I was so proud of that young man and not so sure how well it would've been handled by anyone else. Of course I've also seen many a disgruntled customer lash out at an employee face to face as well. Hopefully, if we did our job right, they left with a better demeanor than they came in with!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote