View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 11:56 PM   #2
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hg7 View Post
I've run into a few problems...firstly, the files are (apparently) hidden. Also they are apparently DRM'ed and from what I can tell this stamp is tough to remove.
You need to find a way to get your B&N DRM key.. I believe I emailed Epubor (who stole DeDRM code without credit I should add) or something to get mine, because it is tricky to obtain otherwise, and the key DOES work with DeDRM and is free to get... BUT doing so involves giving your B&N account info, so try to poke around elsewhere online if possible for an alternate solution. The only other one I know of is to extract it from a real and physical NOOK e-Reader. You MIGHT be able to extract it from the Android or Metro Windows app though.

The books (and key) are inside of a hidden folder on Android that requires root to access, but on Windows it is easily accessible.

I did find a guide to remove the DRM without Epubor, but it requires a rooted Android device, or an Android VM. Plus, I have heard reports of it not working. I cannot link to it directly due to the rules of this site, but search for "Liberate Your (Legally Obtained) Nook Ebooks".
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote