View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 12:29 PM   #47
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Now, that kind of content warning would help. I just finished a charming book that featured a wonderful dog; while the dog is not the focus of the story, he got into a couple of dicey situations where I was thinking, Oh no, oh no. But the dog was OK.
Yeah. I cannot stand animal suffering/abuse in fiction even in smallest amounts, that's an instant turn-off. So much so that I no longer even want to read any books with animal characters at all. I've been known to put an otherwise excellent book aside forever when I came upon a scene in which a pet was abused and killed (the plot took place in the 16th century and those times were not known for nice treatment of animals, of course. Still, I just can't read about it, no matter how historically truthful).

Otherwise I don't have any particular triggers, but graphic torture scenes are not my cup of tea, even if it's adult humans torturing other adult humans. It just turns my stomach. And I've read some really detailed descriptions of torture over the years. Still horrible.

Last edited by Sirtel; 08-20-2022 at 12:32 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote