View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 02:38 PM   #15
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Well, that's interesting. I swear I tested that ::first-letter and it worked in Calibre's editor/viewer as well as on my Kobo (as KEPUB). I just went back to double-check and it's not working. I have no idea what changed.

Drat. I was really happy with that.

EDIT: The problem has something to do with my using it in:
Code:
h1 + p, h2 + p, hr + p {
  text-indent: 0;
}
h1 + p::firstletter, h2 + p::first-letter, hr + p::first-letter {
    font-weight: bold;
}
I thought I'd fixed the issue earlier when I used the two h + p classes (one for indent and one for first-letter). Looks like I was wrong. If I just use p::first-letter, it works fine. I'll have to play around with it some more.

EDIT 2: Hah. A lousy typo. In my first first-letter case, I dropped a hyphen: "h1 + p::firstletter," instead of "h1 + p::first-letter,". Putting it back lets it all work again. Now I'll try testing on Kobo (it works in Calibre's stuff).

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 08-01-2022 at 02:58 PM.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote