Thread: New firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 05:51 PM   #918
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
Personally I have no interest in using the AZW3 format on a PocketBook device, nor would I have any interest on a Kobo device if it added support for AZW3 files. It doesn't do anything for me, and I don't think it looks any better than on a Kindle either. I will continue to use the ePub format and the KOReader reading programme.
But others coming from a Kindle may like being able to read KF8 without having to convert. As for how it looks, it looks much better on a Pocketbook as you get kerning, ligatures, and hyphenation. With KF8 (out of the box) on a Kindle, you get none of that.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-29-2022 at 05:55 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote