View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 06:50 AM   #20
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Libby is an Overdrive app. It handles ePub and audiobooks. Stark is not switching from Overdrive to Libby. What they are doing is switching from the Overdrive app to Libby. I'm guessing that the Overdrive app may no longer work.
Quote:
To help your library welcome more users to Libby, the legacy OverDrive app is being discontinued in early 2023.

This change will simplify how you promote your digital collection, train your staff, support your users, and promote the best reading experience for everyone, Libby.

As a first step, the OverDrive app was removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store on February 23, 2022.

As a next step, starting in July 2022, OverDrive app users will be actively encouraged to switch to Libby.

OverDrive app users will see a message in the app prompting them to make the switch with a link to a resource page about the transition to Libby.

Later this year, this in-app message will be updated to remind your users about this change.

link
Quote:
As of February 23, 2022, the OverDrive app is only available in the Amazon Appstore for Fire tablets and on other devices in select countries.

link
ETA:

The other week my daughter said she'd recommended the OverDrive app to a friend who said she couldn't find it. I didn't think anything of the comment until I opened my app yesterday to add two more MD counties in my OverDrive app and saw a pop up message that the OverDrive app would be going away.

Maryland's digital content has evolved since I first begun to use it. Once upon a time the digital content for all counties was all under the "Maryland Digital eLibrary Consortium", then it seems various counties broke off from that so that the electronic media they were acquiring was more specific to what the county's patrons were requesting.

Hoopla has no ebooks in my county, but another county has a decent supply of audiobooks and ebooks in Hoopla. I added a library card to that county a while ago, just for Hoopla. Yesterday I added that county to my OverDrive app, and two more counties. I'm preparing for the demise of my Brooklyn access. LOL

One of these days I'll download the Libby app.

Last edited by copyrite; 07-29-2022 at 07:23 AM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote