View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 12:09 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEKARAM View Post
How one would do a download via web browser using Kindle E-Reader (i.e., Oasis)?
Use the web browser on your Kindle eReader to connect to a calibre server?

From calibre, go to Preferences => Sharing over the net. For testing purposes, I wouldn't bother with setting user names/passwords. The default port is 8080, again, no need to change for testing. Click on the start server button. Note the IP address and port the content server is listening on. Sample is below:

Code:
Content server listening at: 10.234:0.59, port 8080, HTTP
On your Kindle, from the home screen, tap on the menu button ( 3 vertical dots ). Tap on Web Browser. In the address bar, type in 10.234.0.59:8080/mobile. Your current library should be listed in date order. You should see a list of file types for the book. The Kindle browser can download AZW, PRC, MOBI or TXT files so tap on one of those file types for a book and it will be downloaded to your Kindle.

Personally, I prefer to USB connect my ereader to send books but that's my preference.

And if you want to blame Amazon for not adding the periodical capabilities to KF8 and/or KFX, feel free to.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-13-2022 at 12:14 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote