View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 11:21 PM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
I’m getting 24 hours of read time on the Libra 2, but 72 hours on the Paperwhite 5. When sleeping, Kindle similarly uses 3x less battery. It’s night and day. Otherwise, the Libra 2 is better in every way, so I agree. Unfortunately, PW5 is the battery king by far.

Case-wise, I found the Mirodden case on Amazon to be the best case for the PW5 so far. All the origami cases are complete crap. Most cases in general, with their horrible sharp edges. I tried 8, returned all but the Mirodden.
24 hours is about 3 hours a day for a week. I don't mind charging my reader weekly. I'm frequently near to my laptop, even when reading. While reading, I play ambient videos in the background. So it's simple just to hook the Libra up to the computer, begin charging, convert some books in Calibre - adding metadata - then load them onto the Libra.

Then I'll eject the Libra, but leave it plugged in and charging while I check the newly sideloaded books and put them into Collections. By this time the battery is normally at full capacity. If not, I'll just carry on reading while it charges, or drop into mobileread.

Charging can be rather fun.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote