View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 05:30 PM   #1
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Question Good covers/cases for Paperwhite 5 (11th gen, 2021)

I got myself a Paperwhite 5. It's not the prettiest device, not as pretty as the Kobo Libra 2, doesn't come in white, but the battery and performance is unmatched. Now I'm looking for cases.

I bought a few different ones from Amazon to try, but they all have these sharp edges on the cover. Same with Aliexpress. I'm guessing that the vast majority of these Amazon sellers and Aliexpress ones are getting their cases manufactured by a single aftermarket manufacturer, which decided to go with these terrible thin-edged covers this year. The edge hurts your hand when it's flipped to the back. Previous gens don't have this problem.

The official Amazon fabric covers for the PW5 only come in 3 terribly drab colors: black, dark blue, and pink. At least for PW4, they had this nice yellow color. And their "leather" cases this year have been roundly panned for being made of cheap plastic instead. It's like the entire world, both Amazon and third party sellers, have given up on the Paperwhite this year. I thought the Kobo Libra 2 official case was bad, but it's so much higher quality than anything put out for the PW5.

I'd honestly rather have an origami case like the Libra 2 so I can use it as a stand. But Amazon doesn't make official ones anymore, and the third party ones all have the sharp edges from the same crappy manufacturer, and they all stand crooked.

What are you guys using? PLEASE get me out of this mess.

Last edited by mbrisco; 06-25-2022 at 05:32 PM.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote