View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 06:29 PM   #2086
gforgiraffe39935
Connoisseur
gforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle
Kobo Sage:
1. Always available multi-language keyboard like Onyx and Kindle. Purpose: System language can be, for example, English, but a multi-language keyboard option will appear when searching for text inside a book that is in Turkish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Hindi, etc. For now, I am forced to set System as Japanese so I can search text in any book with Roman letters or Japanese characters without changing my System language based on the book I am reading. If you have 3 or more Target languages, you must always change the System language, it is inconvenient when searching inside a book.
2. Allow multi-language Basic and Advanced Notebooks. If I write in a mix of Japanese and French, the text recognition isn't smart enough to know which is which. I know this is a possibility, because I have used OCR software in many different brands that allow prioritization of text recognition amongst various languages.
3. Allow handwritten Notes and/or text recognition inside "Notes" so I don't have to use the keyboard to make a note inside the book.
4. Ability to export "Markups" layers on books either as SVGs or combined PDF based on location/"page" placement; of course removing the background text of the likely DRM-ed book.
5. Add an IME pad so I can draw the Chinese or Japanese character I want.

Language professionals would rejoice at 1, 2 and 5.
gforgiraffe39935 is offline   Reply With Quote