View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 11:47 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@shayaknyc: I'm pretty sure that your intentions were misunderstood. And reading your last post, I still don't know what they are. That might be because when I looked at your original link, I could not work out what the point was. You pointed to something called "IPFS Search" and that doesn't explain what it is for. I can only see it as a way to search other peoples files and download them. Which immediately raises copyright concerns.

Your last post seems to suggest this is just an alternative to using some other cloud storage service. But, you are also emphasising the search. That basically means I have no idea what you are doing or why.

Having said that...

This seems to be about uploading a file somewhere and keeping a link to it. The latter is simple to do. Calibre has the identifiers. These can be created to link to anywhere. They can be maintained through a metadata source plugin or as an identifier rule. The latter can be created in the preferences.

Or is it about uploading the metadata? In either case, Calibre has extensive support for plugins to extend its function. That is the way to add your syncing function, and generation of the identifiers. The plugin could upload the book or just the metadata in whatever format you needed. Anyone with a some programming skills can create one. It needs to be in Python, but learning that isn't hard and is useful for a lot of things.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote