View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 01:14 PM   #71
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
I doo have another question:
Calibre Sync.
Device A have local library(synced via external means) on sd card and Dropbox
Device B only have Dropbox.
I open book on B via CalibreSync - file gets opened with name <original_book_name>+<some_random_uuid_looking_str ing>.epub. Moon+ reader saves position and notes for this file to it's configure sync storage.
I open book on A from Dropbox via CalibreSync - everything is synced.
I open book on A from local library via CalibreSync - file gets opened with name <original_book_name>.epub. Moon+ reader thinks it's new book and no sync.

All libraries show 'Library format V2'

How to solve this issue so file name for specific book will be same no matter source?
For this issue, we would advise you to use cloud service for both devices with the same Library format version so that it is synced correctly (as you pointed out in the first scenario)

Unfortunately, it would not be possible for the second scenario as local libraries directory structure is different from cloud library. For local libraries, a book is stored in this nested directories, i.e: <author_name>/<book_title>/<book_name>.epub
while in cloud libraries, all downloaded books are stored in your Download directory of your choice (flat structure).
For that reason, those files are definitely not the same on both devices.

Hope that clarifies your concern
calibre_sync is offline   Reply With Quote