View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 09:29 PM   #5
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Amazon vs. China

This is the number one reason why I remove DRM from the eBooks that I buy:

"Amazon will stop supplying Chinese resellers with its Kindle eBook readers starting Thursday and discontinue operations of its Kindle eBook store in the country on June 30, 2023."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/a...ok-store-china

I'm assuming this is being done because of something the Chinese government has done that upsets online retailers. Who knows - but the reason doesn't matter. The ones affected by Amazons pull-out are the Chinese customers who bought Kindles and eBooks. Chances are quite high that these customers did not do anything wrong, but they are the ones catching the punishment anyway.

Don't download your books, don't remove the DRM from them - and you are screwed if you live in China. Probably will be the same in Russia pretty soon.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote