View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 08:04 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaba View Post
hi
i extracted image files to new sd card. i thought if i will use this card in external slot it might let the kobo works but unfortunately (or more likely i do something wrong) the screen is still white. i've tried all types of reset. power led is blinking. if we are talking about opening the device i don't know anything about so probably job not for me i'm afraid.
I think you can run the device from the external SD card. It is possible for the Aura. People have used the image from the Aura H2O to boot the Aura from the external SD card. But, I don't remember if there are any special steps to do this.

But, for the Aura H2O, booting from the external SD card should be a temporary step. If you can do it, you might be able to write the image to the internal card and boot. I don't know as I haven't tried it. But, replacing the card is probably needed. There are instructions for opening the device. The Aura H2O is harder, but, it is possible.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote