Thread: Troubleshooting Book will not open on Kindle
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 06:51 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeridr View Post
Have you tried to connect your Kindle via USB and delete the book via file manager?
Then go to Kindle store and "download for your device" option on a PC/Mac in order to sideload the book to your Kindle again?
That's how I do most of the time for my Kindle 3. This also makes it easier to "liberate" the book once it's on my PC.
Tried that several times. Downloading to PC and then copying the file, also downloading directly to the Kindle. All with rebooting between each step. Absolutely nothing works. I am also only getting the option to either mark this book as read or permanently delete, no options to remove the download like what shows up for other books. The book shows stuck on “opening” until I open another book.

I’m not totally in love with the Kindle device anyway, as I find it awkward and clunky compared to the Apple apps, but it is nice for the battery life, the gentle lighting, and the nice, light weight.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote