Thread: Troubleshooting Book will not open on Kindle
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Book will not open on Kindle

I have a PW 10th generation, updated to 5.14.2. One book and only one book simply will not open on the Kindle. I’ve had the book for 2 years and I’ve read it in this device many times in the past. No issues with any other books, and the book in question opens on my Apple Kindle apps and a web browser on a Windows laptop. I have tried every combination of removing the book from the Kindle and adding it back, with rebooting and nothing works. I think tapping “remove permanently” on the Kindle would remove it entirely from my library, and I won’t do that. The book is expensive.

In the Kindle, I don’t get the option to remove the download, only “mark as read” or “permanently delete”. Only these 2 options show up. For my other books, I have the option to remove the download. Am I just stuck with only being able to read this particular book on non-Amazon devices?

I originally paid $2 for the book, and it is now $23, so I’m not going to go the refund/rebuy route.

Last edited by 49Kat; 05-03-2022 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Update
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote