View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #5
jnikkir
Connoisseur
jnikkir doesn't litterjnikkir doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW5/11th Gen
Thanks so much for your insight! Here's what I ended up doing to fix the first few items, in case this helps anyone else in the future:
  1. For the black-background setting, I ended up using Kindle Comic Converter. Target device set to "Other," margins set to "black," and custom width/height set to PW5's resolution. Works perfectly!
  2. Frenzie, thanks for directing me to where the page-turn-direction setting lives. I ended up assigning a gesture to toggle this. I suppose it doesn't really matter when manga turns LTR, especially since I'm not viewing anything in 2-pg-spread mode, but I do like to keep to the original "feel" of things.
  3. Gave up on trying to connect to OneDrive -- found a better way to wirelessly connect to my Calibre library (which was what I was trying to do), but using the OPDS catalog feature. And it's MUCH easier to navigate than my OneDrive Calibre library would have been.
  4. NiLuJe, thanks for the gesture tip! I decided to just use gestures rather than profiles for this -- made one gesture to set Night Mode + brightness 8 + warmth 85%, and another gesture to turn Night Mode off + brightness 18 + warmth 70%. Works perfect!

And I'll be very excited to see the page turn animation feature in a later update.

Thanks so much!!
jnikkir is offline   Reply With Quote