View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 11:23 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
That still works for epub, although kobopatch Default ePub monospace font was equally good. Neither ever worked for kepub.

Using your "Dark Courier" example, pre-4.32 all that would have been required for kepub was
  1. coding font-family:"Dark Courier";, rather than font-family:monospace; in the various CSS styles.
  2. making sure you had already sideloaded the Dark Courier*.ttf files.

As it stands in 4.32, for kepubs you also need to embed the "Dark Courier" ttfs and add @font-faces to CSS, instead of step 2. Not difficult for one book but incredibly tedious and a diskspace hogger if a lot of books are affected.

I think I'll solve my own problems by automating the embedding (when required) on-the-fly during calibre's send-to-device.

Trying to develop something generic which would work for all users, all abilities, any font(s) using KoboTouchExtended or Kepubify would be more of a challenge, I think.
Thank you for all of this.

I do have Courier Prime as my monospace font for ePub. I'm going to have to test out if the added weight will work for Courier Prime if used as font-family: monospace; in ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote