View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 04:54 PM   #32
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
@kdusr No, my comments was a reply to @buyifan43 mentioning removal of OTA binary file(s) as a method to stop firmware updates on a Kindle.
As in to be able to modify system files (such as mentioned ota binary) on a Kindle you need to already have jailbreak (or jailbreak exploit at least).

And he was replying to my comment where I've stated what are two available ways of ensuring owners of PW5 don't get an update before they are able to jailbreak it. The things that worked in the past on older firmwares that didn't require having jailbreak no longer work.

Last edited by shamanNS; 04-14-2022 at 04:57 PM.
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote