View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 02:33 PM   #53
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The only problem with that, is that I still use Google the same way I always did. These so called "evil" changes haven't taken anything away from me.

I am quite invested in the Google infrastructure, to boot (email, calendar, contacts, Google One, etc...). On phone, tablets, and PCs.

No complaints about the free and paid-for services I get from them. But as mentioned ... I think in-app purchases are for suckers. I don't play that game. So maybe that's where the difference lies. *shrug*

No doubt some are impacted more than others. I have lost several free features I had come to depend on, I have experienced more and more bugs and performance issues across many products, I've seen a loss of options and flexibility in Android that have forced me into less-optimal solutions, and now I'm notified I'm losing my whole family email platform with the elimination of the free legacy GSuite. So I'm beginning to divest myself of Google as much as I can. The sour taste in my mouth is not merely from having less good free stuff available. It's from the perception (rightly or wrongly, but I think rightly) that the ONLY reason they are making the changes is to gouge more money from an addicted customer base. Not because the economics have changed and the offerings are no longer profitable or sustainable, not because they take too many resources to maintain or support, not because the new offerings are better, and not because they want to make things more secure. (I don't accept the need for security at the cost of being trapped in a child-proofed walled garden, guarded by lawyers.)

So, I vote yes, Google is now as greedy as Apple. Where's the poll? I wanna see the results....

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 04-11-2022 at 02:39 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote