View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 05:10 PM   #4
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by macglide View Post
Hi,

I know that the Tolinos are not being widely used except for central Europe, but I think it is a great device as it runs on Android. I installed KOReader and it is usable, however, a few things don't work.

Things I've figured out so far:

The easiest way to install KOReader is to enter 124816 into book search to access developer options. There you can activate ADB and install KOReader via ADB.

I was also able to switch page turn buttons by creating the event_map.lua (put it in koreader/settings) with the following content:

Code:
return {
            [22] = "RPgBack",
            [21] = "RPgFwd",
 }
The device has bluetooth, but it is not being used by the tolino reader app.

There are still some problems which I haven't been able to solve yet:

1. It's not possible to switch off the front light within the app, but brightness control is working.

2. Light color control is not possible. Somebody suggested to test https://github.com/koreader/android-...hController.kt but I don't know how to use it.

3. I think the device is not recognized as a Eink device and settings such as page refresh rate are not visible. After reading some time, some ghosting occurs.

Does anybody know, how to solve these problems?

Cheers and thanks for the great app!
Hi,
I know this is an old post but I'm trying to do what you have described.
I installed APB tools on my Mac, I enabled ADB debug on my Tolino Vision 4 HD (124816 search for Android debug options doesn’t function anymore. It is now 1123581321), successfully connected to it (serial number shown) and then installed the apk for Android ARM devices.
I saw the progress percentage and then it finished. And now? Where is the app? Where can I launch it?
Thanks in advance.
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote