View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 01:02 PM   #1
zisoft
Enthusiast
zisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolatezisoft is generous with chocolate

Device: Pocketbook HD Touch 3
[Device Plugin] PocketBook Improved Driver

Calibre Device Driver For PocketBook Devices

This is an improved device driver for PocketBook devices. I have developed it for my PocketBook Touch HD 3 but it will probably work with other PocketBook devices as well.
Please let me know if this driver works with your device and I will greatly appreciate to add it to the list of supported devices.

Improvements

Read Status
The PocketBook supports to mark a book as read. To synchronize this status with Calibre, create a user defined column of type Yes/No and set its lookup name in the driver settings.
This is a two-way sync, no matter where you mark a book as read (on the device or in Calibre), the read status is synchronized on both platforms.

Database Cleanup
The corresponding database entries on the device are not deleted when you delete a book on the device, leaving lots of abandoned database entries over time. Of course, theses entries doesn't hurt, but to keep the database in a clean and consistent state, a database cleanup is performed on every device connect.

Book Deletion
When deleting a book on the device not all of the corresponding database entries are deleted. Uploading the same book again leads to the effect that the book is not displayed in the library, making it impossible to open it again.

This is fixed in this device driver, deleting a book on the device from Calibre cleans up the database.

Metadata of PDF Files
The PocketBook does not handle the metadata of PDF files correctly, mainly the title and author fields are messed up. This device driver cleans the metadata fields on device connect.

Installation
Download the `pocketbook632.zip` file. Open Calibre, go to Preferences, Advanced, Plugins and choose Load Plugin from file. Choose the `pocketbook632.zip` file. Restart Calibre.

Configure the plugin
Set the lookup name of your custom Yes/No column in the plugin's configuration dialog (default is '#read')

This plugin is currently under active development. Please report any issues with the Github Bug Tracker.

GitHub

Version History
Spoiler:

Version 1.0.3 2022-08-28
Support of PB1040 devices.
Fixed a long delay on device connect.

Version 1.0.2 2022-04-10
Fixed a path delimiter bug

Version 1.0.1 2022-03-15
Update plugin metadata

Version 1.0.0 2022-03-11
Initial version

Upcoming features
  • Support for collections
  • Translations
Attached Files
File Type: zip pocketbook632.zip (17.2 KB, 31246 views)

Last edited by zisoft; 08-28-2022 at 10:48 AM.
zisoft is offline   Reply With Quote