View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 05:38 PM   #19
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Really nice phone!

I used the Quick Start feature to set up my new iPhone 13 Pro Max 256GB by placing the iPhone XR 64GB next to it. I’ve used this before with my iPad Air 2020 when I got it, so I knew it worked well. The one nit pick is that the iPhone 13 Pro Max came with the display set to turn off after 30 sec. I had to keep touching the screen every few seconds to keep it on. Not that big of a deal, but a PITA. They should allow for changing the time out to Never before beginning the transfer. Other than that it went fairly well, except at the end od setup it got hung up on the Settings screen for entering the AppleID. I was able to get around that fairly easily though.

It is still updating all the apps so I haven’t had a chance to check out the features yet. Although it is heavier than my XR when both are in Otterbox Defender cases, they are close to being the same over all size. The XR case is thicker in places though, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max case is streamlined much better, so that helped keep the size in case to a manageable one.

Actually one more nit pick. You would think that a $1200 phone would come with the little tool to open the Sim card tray, but no. Fortunately I was able to find a paperclip, and thankfully it wasn’t Microsoft’s Clippy.

ETA 1: I can’t get it to charge on my Anker Wireless Charger PowerWave 7.5 Stand. A review I read said this charging stand would work with the 13PM, but it doesn’t, at least not with it in the Otterbox case. My XR charges on this stand while in the case. Not sure why the 13PM won’t.

ETA 2: A few hours went by after initial setup and I noticed hardly any of the apps had downloaded. Finally dawned on me that perhaps they were trying to use cellular data which is really slow. I put the 13PM in Airplane mode and they loaded in just a few minutes. I’ve now set the 13PM to always ask if it can use cellular data for DLing apps. With 220Mbps of Wi-Fi you would think it would default to that when it has a strong connection. Apple really sucks at programming these days!

Last edited by OtinG; 02-10-2022 at 07:54 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote