View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 10:29 AM   #68
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I actually liked Finnegan's Wake back when I read it (not from start to finish, but opening random pages and reading). I found it soothing somehow. But I do love the sound of language, words, certain phonemes, etc, so I don't mind a missing plot. Actually, I was a bit disappointed to find out it has one.

A book I just could not read is War and Peace. I don't read French and I'm not a fan of footnotes nor snobbish aristocracy unable to speak their mother tongue. If I ever find a version where all the french parts are translated within the text itself (maybe in italics or something), I will definitely give it a go.

Another genre I distrust, as well as all the self-proclaimed lovers of it, is modern poetry that doesn't rhyme.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote