View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 09:17 AM   #54
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I think Moby Dick is the big one for me... If ever a book was made to be summarised by Reader's Digest, this was it.
There was a Reader's Digest Moby-Dick. But looking at it, it was not 'condensed'. 1989 Reader's Digest Moby-Dick

Quote:
I have more trouble the other way. If I give a book 5 then I will forever wonder how someone else might give it a 1. 3 would account for different tastes, 2 if the person found the book truly annoying, but 1? And then I remind myself that other people not only have different taste, they also use different scoring rules.
I just assume such differences come down to different count of brain cells, with mine being higher of course
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote