View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Nope. Sure. I saw no greyed text. I can see the top 1/5th maybe of the text behind the status bar. And like I said that last sentence on the first page is NOT the first line on the next. I switched back and forth 4 to 5 times to make sure because what I was reading suddenly made no sense. Sadly I bought the unit any thinking it HAD to be something you can get around once you crack it open and get into the manual. Now, hearing that you cannot turn off the status bar, I am not going to open it and just return it. Sad really. I was so close.

I know what I saw. Trust me. I have done probably more due diligence in studying this stuff before I buy than most I bet. I have spent HOURS in front of these units in more than one store trying to make up my mind and COUNTLESS hours reading, watching youtube vids, etc online to try and get a sense if this was for me.

Honestly, though, I am shocked no one else has brought this up. Kind of amazed really.

But all in all this is not a huge deal. I will still get to read great books. Just maybe the old fashioned way. So, not the end of the world. And plus, not getting one of these might free up the money I was needing for an Ipod Touch, which I have longed for for quite some time.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote