View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 06:14 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That's not what is usually meant by "closed". After all, the overwhelming majority uses Windows or MacOS and so are perfectly able to install ADE and buy epubs from anywhere. Pocketbooks may be more flexible in that regard, but I've never heard Kobo called a "closed system" before, even in comparison.
I guess, from my point of view, that's what it meant to me because I couldn't run ADE in Linux — so the only DRM ePubs I could get into my Kobos were Kobo's own KePubs. That's changed now that the DeASCM plugin is available for Calibre. But still it's (slightly) easier with the PocketBook (and Tolino).

Last edited by rcentros; 02-01-2022 at 06:18 PM.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote