View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 10:51 AM   #48
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab78727 View Post
Thank you - I look forward to trying it on my Elipsa some day as well. I looked at the project a while ago and starred/followed it on Github so I can keep up with updates but haven't made the leap to trying it on my device yet as I use it fairly frequently for work.
Hello,
Thanks for the support!
It seems you may have chosen the wrong device for InkBox... First, it has an eMMC, which doesn't completely rule out the porting possibility, but makes changes more persistent and less portable.
Second, it runs on the Allwinner B300 SoC, which has a completely different framebuffer API that would probably require the kobo-platform-plugin that InkBox uses to be updated in-depth.
The Nickel packages are outdated and unmaintained too, and probably wouldn't work on your device anyway due to the reason mentioned above.

There's good news though: I set up an emulator of InkBox OS that permits you to run it on a x86_64 PC via qemu-system-arm. https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/emu
See video for demo: https://youtu.be/qDo9HatyieY
If you want a real device, I suggest you look for Touch N905B/C, Glo or Mini listings near you. Usually they sell for pretty cheap and support for them is well-integrated in InkBox OS.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote