View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #5666
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepope View Post

The things I've learned/done:
  • If possible, start reading a book within a few days of purchase, so it doesn't stay on your list for long
  • Remove older books you have purchased and have zero interest in anymore, due to changing reading taste, from your unread TBR. This doesn't mean the book goes away forever or anything, but I'm not going to hold myself accountable for books that younger me got.
I agree with these; I think they’re corollaries of each other. Books go stale and the more often you move on to read something else, the less likely you are to read it ever. And as you note, tastes change.

I didn’t quote your leavetaking, but if you backslide, we’ll still be here.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote