View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #174
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepope View Post
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but e-books are really important for accessibility. You get to change the font and font size (I'm sure that Open Dyslexia is awesome for any dyslexic reader). And, for people like me who have no way to get to a library/english bookstore, an ereader is a godsend.

Living in Japan, English books are few and far between unless I'm willing to go to a bigger city - and then I better be ok with 50-100% markup on paperbacks, with a rather sad genre book selection.

I would much, much rather stick with ebooks.

(I do sympathize with the writer, as I thought I was a physical book snob before, even though I had my kindle. I didn't understand at the time that books went on discount quite often, and you could link your library card to your ereader. Now I always hunt for a nice deal on my next book and/or read from the library, without having to lift a finger... and I read so much more thanks to that!)
Also, accessibility from a mobility standpoint. I have young-onset Parkinson's. It's become more difficult to use physical books; holding them open and turning pages and trying not to drop the damn thing (forget heavy hardbacks).

My Kobo Aura HD is much easier to manage and I'm soon upgrading to a Libra with page-turn buttons rather than screen-swiping.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote