View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #18
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyn83 View Post
Tried your app and deleted it again when I encountered a login when I opened it. I don't understand why I would need to register an account just to read books.
Missed this response.

We answered this in our thread under reading management previously. As we mentioned we designed the app to allow seamless syncing of eBooks, highlights, notes and reading progress across all devices and to share eBooks seamlessly with friends and family(currently in beta). To do this we need an account to connect and sync between devices. It was much easier to build our own sync mechanisms than relying on integrating with Google Drive or other services.

We would need to refactor the app to not require an account but at the current phase, the time is better spent improving it and adding new features for our current readers. We plan to do the refactoring to not require an account for those that might not need syncing and other functionality.

Last edited by skillachie; 11-25-2021 at 09:28 AM.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote