View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #5643
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I had a disastrous summer (July/August/September) and if people inferred it was due to the Kindle Summer Rewards program (and my weakness, of course), they’d be right. I was essentially back on track in October when I bought four books for a cash outlay of $4; I had expiring Google Play money that was used to buy two pricey books from my wishlist and bought two other books on sale on different platforms.

It won’t be a good year overall, although better than in the bad old days. I’m averaging under five books/month and $3/book on the year which doesn’t seem too terrible, but it’s still way too much given my TBR, which has just barely inched in the right direction.

Essentially, I need an entire reading revamp. The quality of my reading has tanked enormously and I ascribe it to the pandemic but that’s good for only so long until it turns into the new normal. I’m not getting nearly as much satisfaction from reading as I did in the before times. I have to think long and hard about reading goals for 2022 - but that’s a different thread, or will be.

Last edited by issybird; 11-01-2021 at 10:12 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote