View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 09:37 PM   #50
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That does make some sense. It probably means some value isn't reinitialised properly when changing the settings while reading and hence a calculation is different than when starting reading with the font. Or maybe it is a rounding problem, which would explain the differences between device. In any case, it suggests a bug in the software, which is something that people should report to Kobo so that they can fix. But, it could also be a problem with the font having settings that are inconsistent or not set properly in some way. Which is why what you suggests works.
I perceive this as an optimization of custom added fonts for Kobo. As in the case of Bookerly, for example, which also needs to be edited, but no one wrote about it to Kobo

I have all the fonts custom. Kobo fonts just don't fit me, I deleted them.

Last edited by Semwize; 10-31-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote