View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 08:03 PM   #35
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
FWIW one of my favourites from Clarke is The Trigger by Arthur C. Clarke and Michael Kube-McDowell.

Curiously enough, I've never read The City and the Stars. I had really liked Against the Fall of Night and was wary of picking up the rewrite. But I do now own The City and the Stars in ebook, so will probably get to it.
I'll give The Trigger a try. The City and the Stars is very different from Against the Fall of Night.

Surprised you didn't like the short stories. I suggest you read The Songs of Distant Earth (the short story). I read it only recently. It showcases his skills.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote