View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 07:33 PM   #34675
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
We live at the end of a long (a bit longer than a quarter mile) dead end. This morning, at about 10:15, a large truck on the through road that our dead end connects to, managed to snag some overhead cables. The driver didn't realize what had happened until he'd pulled down all of the cables from a few utility poles and snapped one utility pole in half. Our dead end and some of the houses on the through road lost power, etc.

Power was restored at about 6PM, but there are still plenty of cables down on the road. There's no access to our dead end.

Fortunately, my wife was out in her car at the time, so both cars aren't stuck here. When she got back she parked in the school parking lot just down the street from the mess. The utility companies that are still working to restore their lines estimate that they'll be done -- and access to our dead end will be restored -- around midnight.

The plan is for me to walk to the school and fetch my wife's car.

The weather forecast is for rain to begin just after midnight. I hope they're right about the timing!

EDIT: Just got the car. No rain yet, but the sky looks like it's about to start.

Last edited by cromag; 09-23-2021 at 01:15 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote