View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 01:48 AM   #43
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
A short (if somewhat rough) only-the-essentials version of how to get Calibre to organise your COLLECTIONS
to help other people, including something I didn't see in the sticky version:

1. It's probably easier to just watch this video - but taking into account the points that follow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEoQGwPN8wg

2. HOWEVER you don't NEED to
a) do the part related to the 'metadata plugboard' if you don't want to automatically rename your books (AFAIK)
b) include 'series' if you don't care about series (AFAIK)
This makes the process a fair bit quicker

3) NOTE: with my Kobo Libra H20 I was able to use the 'extended' kobo touch plug-in.
I disabled the other one referred to.

4) Its important to do the following:

- plug in kobo
- 'DEVICE' button
- configure this device

This part is also covered in the video (referring to configuring the plugin):

* TAB: Collections, covers & uploads.
* COLLECTION check box - tick it
* Collection columns field: enter the names of the columns you wish to use for collection.
For example, #myshelves, series
(I didnt bother with 'series').
* Tick create collections. Otherwise, books will be moved in and out of existing collections.
* Tick 'Remove empty collections' if you want to remove empty collections

Source (with more detail)

5. Obviously you then need to edit the CUSTOM METADATA for your books.
Choose the parameter you used for your collections (eg 'My Shelves').
AFAIK you CAN do this in bulk - worked for me.
It will even add a new collection name to an existing one. Eg adding 'History' to the following:

Read 1, History

Or adding 'science':

Check Out 1, Science

6. Then plug in the Kobo and (if you've set it to 'automatic' as the video explains), it SHOULD do the magic by itself!

Last edited by LivresInOz; 09-18-2021 at 01:50 AM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote