View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 01:38 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom king View Post
I have a similar problem. I mean, I can't believe Kobo people were so idiotic to set my reader like this.

When the Kobo Forma updates or just syncs over wifi, it erases all of the books stored on my reader and downloads all the books I have on Dropbox. I mean WTF?!

What should I do so that it doesn't happen again?
Kobo does not delete your sideloaded books when you sync. If that is happening, you have other problems on the device. It probably means the database is corrupt. And the sync is triggering a reload of the database to an old non-good state. And that would also explain resyncing from Dropbox. Again, the corrupt database means that it has lost track of what books have been synced and needs to sync them all again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote