View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 01:29 PM   #9
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Not to mention, but afaik, there are nearly zero devices that support full-bleed imagery in eBooks, other than (possibly) the cover. Isn't that the gist here? S/he wants full-bleed, edge-to-edge, or have I misread?
Hi Hitch;

On the Android world, you have Readily, Lithium and PocketBook that support zero-bleed imagery (any page, not only the cover). I'm speaking about epub3 and by adding the background image at the <html> level, something like:

Code:
html {
   background: url("../Images/bg_paper1.jpg") no-repeat center center;
   background-size: cover;
   height: 100vh;
   margin: 0;
   padding: 0;
}

body {
/* This declaration shouldn't be neccesary except by PocketBook */
   background-color: transparent; 
}
The plugin BibiReader for Sigil, also can show background images with zero bleed. Here you can watch some screenshots (one and two pages view), with a background image that mimics an old paper (as I said, also is possible to get the same result with Readily, Lithium and PocketBook):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	101
Size:	676.2 KB
ID:	188948 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.png
Views:	110
Size:	360.0 KB
ID:	188949 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.png
Views:	105
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	188950

But one thing is that it is possible to include a background image (with many limitations) and another thing is that it is a good idea. I would never include such kind of images.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Background Images - Zero Bleed_epub3.epub (57.5 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by RbnJrg; 08-27-2021 at 01:33 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote