View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 11:12 PM   #25
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With a pBook of 342 pages and you turn the page and are now at 341, you have two pages to read. So if I am on the last page of a chapter, I have 1 page left to read before I move on to the next chapter/section/end the book. I also have 1 page left to turn to move on from the end of the chapter.

If the chapter has 16 pages, when I am on the first page of the chapter, I know I have 16 pages to read. If thelast page of the chapter was to show as 0, I would see 15 at the start of the chapter and unless I remembered to do the math, I would be off by one page.
It just comes down to whether or not you include the current page in the total number remaining. I don't think you can say either choice is wrong. If koreader picks one side, then it's probably best to just accept that.

If you want to stick with your reasoning, then you should probably start numbering pages at 0, because you haven't read anything yet at the start of that page.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote