View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 01:20 AM   #18
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i wanted the convenience and the almost-human quality of Alexa doing the reading
i got it to work " on this device" on my phone when I re-tried, but getting it to work on an alexa enabled Sonos is flaky
you have to use the alexa app, not the audible app, in order to choose a kindle book to be read.
Sonos is easily confused, esp. if it is holding a link to audible, still , as the " current book".
so, mostly - the sonos speaker just says " something went wrong", then shuts up.

alexa on sonos for actual audible books works ok, using the audible app.

i do have epub text to speech e.g. in moon reader, but it does not sound human - but alexa does. I got one working then asked the wife if she was hearing a machine or a person doing the reading . she said person.

alexa will only read books from amazon, there's no mechanism I can find to have her read anything else.
i do have lots of kindle books owned + I have Kindle unlimited for now, so it would be great if alexa could reliably read those, on amazon eco AND on sonos one. [ in different rooms]

i will check out the voicedream quality though - thanks for the suggestion
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote