View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 05:00 PM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Upgrading SD Card Memory Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
On Mac this may be tricky and I can't think of a way to do it either if disk utility can't. You can do it really easily on Linux with Gparted. If you have an Intel Mac it might be easier to just download a Ubuntu Live CD and finish the job there.

Edit: missed the part about the Pi. You can use gparted or GNU parted if through command line to do it on the Pi.

I’ve used Gparted before, so perhaps I shall invest in a USB card reader. Will adjusting the partition fix the boot loop?

Update: The problem with Gparted is that the kobo partition is in fat32, which can’t be resized. Formatting the volume to exfat didn’t fix things either. Once unmounted, the only thing I can do is move the partition, but I am not allowed to resize it.

I suppose I can reformat the entire disk to wipe the partition table and use dd to clone the Linux partitions onto the 128GB SD card, then rsync the backup card to the third partition?

Is it really supposed to be this complicated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 06-19-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote