View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #23
Pilgrim86
Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Ok, I've edited my post to strike out a few of them then and provided a couple recommended starting points for Discworld if you want to avoid the "magic" books. I think you're going to have a much easier time with science fiction in general than fantasy if the Narnia books are too much. I would also skip the Belgariad books by David Eddings due to the magic there.

Given how much the Narnia books are allegory for Christianity I am a bit surprised they're too much. Magic, other than 1 character, is not generally portrayed in a good light. And that one character, given the allegory, is reasonable.

The reason for striking out Narnia is due to a sentiment about Lewis, not necessarily the amount of magic in Narnia, though it might be reasonable to question how much of the occult influenced and is tucked away in the Narnia series.
Pilgrim86 is offline   Reply With Quote