View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 07:12 AM   #3129
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I've listened to both. I would say that Lowell does a much better job than the vast majority of authors, but I didn't think Jeffrey Kafer did a bad job, though perhaps not outstanding. OTOH, these stories are a gift that just keeps on giving. I find myself re-reading them regularly, while waiting anxiously for new ones.
I like Lowell's books as well. I have the audiobook of the first one. I thought it was ok, but it didn't make me want to buy the rest. I don't know that Lowell's books work well as audiobooks. Maybe if I had heard the podcast or maybe it just needs someone whose strengths match the pace of the books.

I do agree with the previous poster that sometimes listening to really good narrators/voice actors can spoil you for the average narrator. Of course, I think that you do need to find someone whose narration style matches the book.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote