View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Why?

Why do you use collections? How will it improve my book reading/handling? How do you recomend (if you do recomend,) setting them up?
I use collection to put series in order and to keep track of my library books and other genres separated. For example, I have a bunch of Temperance Brennan books. So I made a collection called Kathy Reichs (the author) and put the series in order inside the collection. Then I can just read them in order. Originally, I kept having to go to the author's site to figure out which order the books went in and then finding that book. I remember thinking how useless the alphabetical system was (and I think it alpha by author's first name too-- what's up with that??). I don't do that to my paper book! I also made a folder of "chick lit" to keep my various titles of that genre, a pile of "exerpts/free/bargain books" to put the books I downloaded for free from sony connect, or for just $1 to try them out. So some are by genre, some are by circumstance and some are by author (if I have an entire collection). The most used collection, however, is the one titled "library books." I move all my library books in there. They are in order so I can make sure to get to them before they expire. I was so thrilled to discover the collections option. I only use that to find books.

Neat cover- great idea! I haven't read a book in the bath yet. Since the last time I took a bath was when I was in labor with child #3 (who is over 5yo), I doubt I'll do it soon, but I certainly may take the sony to the beach....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote