View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 02:29 PM   #14
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
I had a lot of problems with previous Glowlight models timing out on copying books. It would start the book copy and then hang. After 15 minutes I would just unplug it and the database would be corrupted.This happened on Mac, Linux and Windows.

B&N tech support would always have me erase and deregister and it would usually fix the problem for a little while. Then one day, a rep told me I needed to create an Adobe Digital Editions account and set it up on the nook. That fixed a lot of my sideloading issues on the previous nook (a GlowLight Plus, I believe).

Then I got the Glowlight 3, and I was thrilled to learn that is now used MSC instead of MTP. It worked well for a while, but something in the last 2 months has made it a pain to sideload books. The Erase and Deregister worked this time. But it only has 2 books on it now. I need to use Calibre to sync over a bunch of other books and see how well if works with a lot of books loaded on it.

One of my wife's friends had a Kindle, and she recently got a Kobo and REALLY likes it. My wife has been thinking about that.

But there are two things that I need to deal with:

1. My wife has an Oberon Design case for her nook that I bought her YEARS ago. She REALLY LOVES that case. When I got her one of the first Glowlight readers, she was VERY disappointed it would not fit in the case. I contacted Oberon, and sent the case back. They replaced the leather straps with elastic straps and she was able to use it again. That same case has worked for every Glowlight update. Oberon Design now only makes cases for the Kindle.

2. My wife reads herself to sleep at night. She'll fall asleep while reading and the nook stays in bed. In the morning she looks through the covers to find it. She's been doing this since the very first nook I bought her with the color screen on the bottom, and we have yet to have a screen break, which kind of surprises me.

I think Iwon't be able to do anything about the case. But I do need to find an ereader as durable as the nook seems to be.

Hmm. Oberon does make very nice cases. I will point out that converting from ePub to azw3 format is very easy in Calibre and Calibre plays very nicely with kindles. A PW4 is a pretty hardy gadget and would likely stand up to being knocked around in bed I would think. Something to consider, anyways.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote