View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #39
cerement
Groupie
cerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it is

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-300, Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
OTOH, it will require a lot of work for those of us who want to do it now, before the tools mature. I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that
That's the biggest problem, I'm looking for a so-called "master format" when the whole publishing industry is still in it's infancy as far as electronic books are concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
There's no perfect fit, each DTD will only solve a limited sub-set of problems. The easiest one to work with is probably DTBook since it's basically XHTML with just a few semantic elements. TEI is incredibly powerful but might be overkill for what most people need.
Since we've managed to drag you into this topic, what format does FeedBooks have the least problem ingesting? Or, better still, which format loses the least when uploaded and converted to FeedBooks internal format?
cerement is offline   Reply With Quote