View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #29
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
That's it. That's all I'm saying. It's hard to ignore, once you see it. I do not concur with your opinion that most won't notice it.

I agree with what you say--there's no good way for SW to emulate what Amazon has done nad I agree that KFX is, definitely, absolutely, surely about DRM, more than layout--but nonetheless, layout matters.
I now only use my kindles to test. I read any Amazon books now on Kobo Libra (native epub), or the Likebook Mars (with koreader). Both render better than a PW3 with KF8.

I agree layout matters and it's ONLY about DRM. The change needed to Amazon firmware of KF8 rendering is trivial. Even the Kindle Keyboard 3 could render EXISTING files on it better.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote