View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonopotamus View Post
I mean this is what Kindle Previewer 3.51 says if I try to open KF8 file with it:

This is the file itself: https://github.com/slonopotamus/dyck...mple-book.mobi
Yes, and they've been popping up warnings about using files created by unsupported programs, in unsupported formats, for some time now.

There is a DIFFERENCE between a "dual mobi" created by Kindlegen, via KG through the CL, or through Previewer, and the "dual mobi" format (AZW) that's created by Calibre. They are not the same thing--in Amazon's eyes.

If you want to publish a proper file at Amazon, today, just upload a bloody ePUB. Getting an older version of Kindlegen won't help you. By 6/28, MOBI files will no longer be accepted, no matter how they are made. So, trying to find a version of KindlePreviewer that won't pop up the warning is...counterproductive. I can't think of a great analogy for that now, but the reality is, you have to embrace what Amazon will accept, going forward, not try to shoehorn in an older format with which you cannot really accomplish anything, publishing-wise.

(Can't wait to see what Smashwords is planning to do, as they use the Calibre API, AFAIK....)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote