Thread: no small caps?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 02:43 PM   #18
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'd argue that the bug lies squarely on the publisher's shoulders, because requesting small caps on an subsetted embedded font without support for it is... not ideal ;o).

And I'd also add that I'd personally prefer *not* to break the font choice by using a potentially completely different fallback font just for that, and instead do fake smallcaps with the requested font .
You knock an open door: but most of publishers simply export from inDesign without a good workflow for correct ePub. So IMHO add a fallback in KOReader when the embedded font has not the small caps is still a good idea.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote